Job offer Description
MIFO is recruiting!
- Are you a member of the Ordre des éducatrices et des éducateurs de la petite enfance (EPEI)?
- Are you committed to the well-being of children? Do you enjoy contributing to their development and growth?
- Are you a creative, organized leader?
- Do you want to develop your supervisory skills?
LOOK NO FURTHER AND JOIN THE MIFO TEAM!
At MIFO, you’ll be an agent of change. Every day, you’ll face new challenges and meet new people who will shape your career path. You’ll never stop learning, and we’ll support you in the learning you need to progress.
Mouvement d’implication francophone d’Orléans (MIFO) is a non-profit organization that promotes francophone culture by contributing to its development through educational, artistic and community activities and services for the population of Orléans and the surrounding area. MIFO is a dynamic, innovative workplace that encourages the pursuit of new challenges.
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Educational Center Coordinator is responsible for the smooth running of the center’s activities. To achieve program objectives, he/she is responsible for general administrative and personnel management, ensures the quality of services offered and directs all activities of the educational center.
Summary of responsibilities
- Supervise a team in terms of orientation and performance evaluation.
- Manage a team of approximately 35 employees and work schedules.
- Integrate intervention techniques into personnel strategies to promote winning practices.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote family integration.
- Communicate and facilitate conflict resolution with parents and among employees.
- Ensure the implementation of an educational program based on the program statement.
- Review staff observations of children.
Requirements and work experience
- College diploma in Early Childhood Education or equivalent training recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education.
- Member of the Ordre des éducatrices et des éducateurs de la petite enfance (EPEI).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position, including strong experience in human resources management.
- Knowledge of community resources related to early childhood.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and good oral and written communication skills in English.
- First aid certificate (with CPR level C) issued by a training organization recognized by WSIB – Ontario.
- Proof of immunization for the following diseases: measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), tetanus and chickenpox.
- Provide the results of a criminal record check for the vulnerable sector (level 3) dated within the last 6 months.
- Computer literate using standard office equipment, Microsoft Office Suite software, Internet and Outlook e-mail.
- Dynamic and autonomous.
- Good judgment and ability to manage priorities.
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- 37.5 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Permanent contract.
- Salary: $29.13 to $36.66 per hour, depending on experience.
- Group insurance and employee assistance program.
- 10 days vacation per year.
- 12 days sick leave per year.
- Start date: immediately.
- Workplace: educational center at École élémentaire catholique Des Pionniers located at 720 Merkley Drive, Orléans ON.
You’re looking to join a team of professionals, dynamic and human. Do you think you have what it takes? Please send a letter outlining how your application meets the requirements of the position, along with your curriculum vitae, before October 18, 2023 to the following address: [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MIFO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in its employment practices. We recognize the right of applicants and employees to fair and equitable treatment under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Upon request, MIFO will accommodate the needs of people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment process, as well as upon hiring.
Join our family!