As a Grounds Person you will be working to support the operations above; you will play an important part in both site set up and assistance to both climbers and trimmers. You will play a vital role in the safe execution of work for our crews and members of the public or clients. This role will provide newcomers to the tree industry with a better understanding of what we do at Davey and provide the right individuals with a career advancement opportunities and training.
• Groundwork support for trimming operations.
• Chainsaw and Chipper operation/loading brush.
• Assist Crew leader in job- site setup, debris removal, cleanup and equipment maintenance.
• Abide by industry safety policies and procedures.
• Raking up/ leaf blowing job sites.
• Rigging down limbs.
• Valid provincial driver’s license. Licensed to drive a 5-ton vehicle and air brake endorsement considered an asset.
• Willingness to work towards becoming a certified arborist.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Previous landscape/horticulture experience considered an asset.
• Ability to work safely as part of a team and possess the willingness to learn and progress.
• Davey provides ongoing training and careers advancement opportunities
• Full time. Year-round employment.
• Seasonal positions also available
• Excellent Benefits package and RRSP Matching Program
• Employee owned company with stock purchase available after 1 year of service.
• Employee Referral Program and other employee perks
To apply, please visit the nearest center in Casselman or Orleans to speak with an agent. Please visit our contact pageApply online