Hospital Alliance Group partners with hospitals to improve access to sleep medicine healthcare services for residents of communities with limited access to care. We are focused on providing diagnostic assessment and treatment delivered by seasoned and experienced physician specialists and allied health professionals.
In addition to sleep medicine assessment and treatment, we also provide pulmonary function laboratory services.
Our offices span across Ontario: Alliston, Espanola, Hawkesbury, Lindsay, Timmins, and Winchester.
POSITION: Polysomnographic Technologist (PSGT) / Sleep Technologist – Full-Time
LOCATION: Hawkesbury, ON
START DATE: Immediately
In this role, you will:
• Set up and monitor all aspects of an overnight sleep study.
• An overnight sleep study monitors a patient’s brain waves, eye movements, muscle movements, blood oxygen, heart rhythm, breathing and body position during the night.
• A sleep study is used to diagnose all types of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy, and types of parasomnias.
Our facility is offering free training for the right applicant. Training is offered in laboratory and includes hands-on and theoretical readings.
Job Industry: Healthcare, Sleep medicine
• Experience in medical field(s) preferred
• Relevant post-secondary education preferred
• Ability to work night shifts, 10 hours per shift
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
• Clean CPIC with Vulnerable Sector Check
• Proof of vaccination
• Ability to work independently in a sophisticated laboratory environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact tactfully with staff, physicians, other hospital staff and other clients
• Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
• Proven ability to perform duties independently, with a high degree of motivation and minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Strong technical skills
• A focus on high-quality patient care
• Enthusiasm for learning
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
Hospital Alliance Group is pleased to offer you the following company benefits:
• A competitive salary scale based on your training and certification(s):
o $18.00/hour to start;
o $20.00/hour after titration training and working for 6 months;
o $22.00/hour after A-Step Program completed;
o $25.00 – $27.00/hour after RPSGT certification completed.
Health Care Program
• A competitive health care program for you and your family, which includes medical, dental and vision care effective after the probationary period to full-time employees.
• New opportunities for growth! Find a meaningful career with a better balance between work and home.
• American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) Membership; a membership-based organization that works with its members to advance the field of sleep medicine. With opportunities available for all stages of careers in sleep medicine, the AASM is the leader in providing sleep-related content and benefits that help its members today and for the future.
Hospital Alliance Group thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please visit the nearest center in Casselman or Orleans to speak with an agent. Please visit our contact pageApply online