PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Patient Care Co-Ordinator is responsible for providing administrative and service support to Optometrists, peers and patients in order to ensure that the best clinical service is provided throughout the clinic.
The Patient Care Co-Ordinator reports to the Clinic Team Leaders and Clinic Manager
1. Opening the clinic
Open the clinic, exam rooms, administrative offices, and Optical Boutique according to Opening Routine as set out in the Front Desk training manual
2. General secretarial duties- Greet patients appropriately and create an overall positive atmosphere for each person, including employees.
– Guide patients to appropriate departments based on their needs.
– Establish rapport with patients by asking proper questions and addressing their needs.
– Verify and complete file information.
– Patient check-in and check-out.
– Confirmation phone calls.
– Answer phones.
– Appointment booking.
– Upkeep of cancelation list.
– Invoice preparation, payment processing and receipt filing.
3. General administrative duties
– Validate OHIP eligibility for all patients.
– Mail, fax or email prescriptions, invoices or other documents to patients as requested.
– Mail, fax or email prescriptions, reports, or letters to outside doctors/specialists a requested.
– Fax or mail appropriate reports to 3rd parties.
– Scan and attach documents to patient files.
– Upkeep of product inventory (drops, solutions, ophthalmic equipment and vitamins).
4. End of day and closing duties
– Reconcile end of day and complete cash settlements
– Review daily invoices and schedules for following morning
– Complete end of day task list available at the front desk
– Lock all doors.
5. Additional duties
– With proper training, assist with optometric tests as required.
– Assist in maintaining overall office and department cleanliness and organization (including washrooms).
– Regular organization of garbage and recycle bins.
SKILLS, PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & EMPLOYEMENT REQUIREMENTS
– Able to communicate efficiently (verbal and written).
– Able to function well in a team.
– Bilingualism mandatory (English and French).
– Comfortable with computers and learning new software.
– Strong interpersonal human relations skills.
– Attentive to detail.
– Able to extract data from conversation and documents to best represent patient concerns.
– Able to maintain patient confidentiality and employee confidentiality.
– Open to constructive criticism.
– Able to follow instruction from management.
– Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and in a small group.
– Able to apply commonsense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
– Able to focus in a stressful and a fast-paced environment.
– Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
– Evening and weekend shifts required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– High school degree or equivalent.
– Experience in a related field with customer service.
Pour postuler, veuillez vous rendre au centre le plus proche de chez vous, à Casselman ou Orléans, afin de parler avec un agent. Veuillez vous rendre sur notre page contactPostulez en ligne